- Great news! #TeamCigna will be hosting a virtual hiring event from December 13th- 14th, where our hiring managers will be conducting on the spot interviews for remote Customer Service Advocates! Apply now and look out for an email invitation to schedule your interview. We hope to see you there!
- Help others. Always listen first and respond with empathy. Own the customer experience. Be a part of something greater than yourself. Are you ready for a role that utilizes your caring nature and quick-thinking skills to help people? How about a role that makes you feel like you are making an impact every single day? Alright, let’s do this…First things first, we’re a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. But we don’t just care about your well-being, we care about your career health too. That’s why when you work with us, you can count on a different kind of career – you’ll make a difference, learn a ton, and change the way people think about health insurance. Customer Advocates help our 90+ million customers make the most out of their Cigna benefits. Here’s a little more about what you’ll do:
- Help clients, customers and health care providers understand our business a little better. Topics like determination of payments and claims related to medical and dental procedures and office and hospital visit costs are common questions.
- Make it easy for customers to work with us. Take ownership of their issues and do your best to resolve them over the phone the first time, every time.
- Be an advocate for health and wellness. Educate customers on disease management programs and make recommendations on the right healthy living programs for their needs.
- Enjoy regular development opportunities and mentorship as you train with the best team in the industry. We offer extensive, hands-on training and guided on-the-job training to ensure you’re successful here. (And enjoy your job too!)
What you should have:
- Must be willing to work a designated shift between 7 am – 9pm, Monday through Friday
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems required;
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; high level capacity to multitask independently and on a computer
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology a PLUS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management focus
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an hourly rate of 17 – 21 USD / hourly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
We want you to be healthy, balanced, and feel secure. That’s why you’ll enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, with a focus on supporting your whole health. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and paid holidays. For more details on our employee benefits programs, visit Life at Cigna.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?