Job title: Insurance Verifier – Student Health – Full Time 8 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Non-Union)
Company: University of Southern California
Job description: The Insurance Verifier is responsible for effective and efficient insurance verification of assigned payers. The insurance verification on outstanding accounts includes; telephone contact with payers and parents, work the insurance verify queue and correspondence, update accounts as necessary, request new payer codes as needed and meet productivity standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent evidence in file required
- One year of hospital experience or in a related field.
- Has in depth knowledge in all the functions of Insurance Verification.
- Must be comfortable with computers and medical terminology. In depth knowledge of all insurance types, including government health programs and insurance medical policies.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at . Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$83792.htmld
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 03:06:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!